Saturday, February 7, 2009

Avedon on the Internet

I'm not sure of you are a Richard Avedon fan, but I am one. I really like some of the interesting directions he took with his work. Not just his creative portraiture of the beautiful or famous (or both), but work like his American West. Just taking a road trip and photographing what we consider the familiar in a way that highlighted it and let us see the interesting things that are around us every day, but we often miss.

The Avedon Foundation (here) has an incredible collection of his work, both in photographs and articles. The site is clean and easy to navigate with a remarkable amount of material in a very uncluttered style.

I highly recommend you check out this site, as I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home