Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Interesting Non-Photo Photo Gear

Well, just after I posted my past entry I needed to order another pair of boots, as I've worn the last ones out. This will be my third pair, and this one carried me from the Scottish highlands to the jungles of the Yucatan peninsula and just about everything in between.

I love these boots, as they are waterproof yet breathable, lightweight but long lasting, and capable to maintaining traction on just about any surface including wet ones. When you're shooting outdoors your footwear is almost as important as your camera, as the last thing you need is a nasty fall and broken equipment.

My boots of choice are from Oakley and called the SI Assault boot. They are the civilian version of Oakley Military boot and available in boot, tall shoe, and shoe sizes. I prefer the boot, as it keeps you dry while stomping through puddles. I have no idea what the difference is between this version and the military version, but I would be interested in hearing if anyone knows more.

You can often find these boots at the local Oakley store, but I prefer ordering online. They are about $250, which is not cheap, but they are well worth it, and you can find them at www.oakley.com. The boots look like:



I wear mine until they wear out, which is about as strong a recommendation I can give something.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home