Friday, April 11, 2008

Moving Around II

Well, I finally finished my move. Despite my reluctance to change things, I think this is a huge improvement. Thanks to Nancy-Marie for convincing me to finally get moving (literally).

It's strange how you can concern yourself with the tools and equipment to work, but forget about the workspace in which to use them.

As of now, I have:
  • enough shelf space for my ever growing collection of books,
  • a usable window,
  • better ventilation (surprising how much heat comes from computer equipment),
  • space for the dog to visit without sharing the chair,
  • a reading area (see book collection above), and
  • strangely enough, an actual fireplace in my office.
It's well worth your time to look at your own office space, be it large or small, and look how you use it. Make a list of the things you would change and eventually you'll come up with a plan to improve it. Given how much time you spend in your workspace, it' surprising how little we plan for it. It's also a pleasant suprise to find how small changes can lead to big improvements.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home